Monday, January 3, 2011

Do you know what this is?

Do you know that this is? Any guesses??  Yep.  It is the stand to my Christmas tree.  Do you know where the rest of the Christmas tree is?  Yep.  It is all boxed up and shoved up on the top shelf in the deepest recesses of the storage area.  After using an entire roll of packing tape to reinforce the box and then tape it up so that it wouldn't pop open again, I was not about to open the box up and shove this in.  Instead, I put it on top of the Christmas tree decoration boxes.   (hopefully, I will remember that when it comes time to put the tree up next year)  (if not, maybe I will look back at this year's blogposts and be reminded)  I will count myself lucky if this is the only thing that got missed when I packed everything away.

Well, I survived another holiday season.  Overall, I think it went really well.  All of my family members are still living and I am not in the looney bin!!  Nothing got broken and all of the out of town relatives made it home safely. 

I didn't get all of my knitted gifts completed.  (Sorry, Mom.  I will get your scarf finished.  I promise!)  I thought I did pretty well, all things considered..  I wasn't planning on knitting hats and gloves for two of my nephews, (but I did and they loved them!).  I also wasn't planning on getting sick with bronchitis again or having to postpone one of my treatments so that it fell during Christmas knitting season.  At least Z is now old enough that  wearing something that I knit is not cool, so that saved me from knitting a third hat and mitten set.  It was kind of funny, though.  I was with my sister when she bought him a beanie from Aeropostle.  She apologized to me when she bought it.  :-)

Even though I wanted to spend my day knitting on my New Year project, I was good.  As you can tell from above, I spent the day putting up the Christmas decorations.  It seems that no matter how hard I try,  I always miss something.  Oh well, if I missed anything else, I will just tell myself that it is a reminder that I need to start my Christmas knitting now.  I remember that when I was a kid, my Mom used to get all depressed when the Christmas decorations were put away, but I find it a bit of relief.  The holidays are fun, but I am ready for things to get back to normal. 

No comments: