Sunday, January 9, 2011

Houston, I think we have a problem

If you were worried about blog fade, I don't blame you.  Maybe I am destined to become a weekend blogger...:-)

I have been knitting on these fingerless gloves.  I love them!!  They yarn is gorgeous. It is Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in the Great Purple Hairstreak color way.  It is a blend of 70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, and 10% nylon.  It is super soft and the colors look much better in person that in my horrible photos.  The pattern is Ariel by Monica Jines.  The pattern is beautifully written.  They are a bit time consuming because there isn't a rest row in the pattern, but I love them...

What's the problem,  you ask?  Well, you can tell exactly how I tension my yarn after just a couple of rows of knitting.  At my knitting group on Thursday night, Melissa joked that I can still wear my fingerless mitts even after I take them off.  While I really love the yarn color, I don't necessarily want to be forever blue.
Guess I will be getting out my books on hand dying yarn and consulting the notes from my dying class and try to figure out a way to fix this. 

Wish me luck for tomorrow... We are supposed to have our first real snow storm of the year.  Yay!   I was really hoping we would skip the whole snow thing this year since we had so much of it last year....

No comments: