Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Blogpost, Old batteries

Ok. I think I qualify for the world's worst blogger. My last post was in 2008 and it is now 2011. Nearly 3 years. Wow!! I will try to do better. ;-) I normally don't make New Year's resolutions, but for some odd reason, I feel the need to make some this year. Starting up my blog again is one. They say that the third time is the charm and since this is the third time I have started up my blog, hopefully it will stick this time. I don't have much of a track record though, the last time I started it up again, I only had one post...

I know that blogs without photos are boring. I'm sorry. I have photos to share, but when I plugged the camera into my computer to download the photos, the batteries were dead. I have batteries. I know I do because I stocked up while I was Christmas shopping. I also know that they are somewhere in the house because after everyone went home after we exchanged gifts, I was kicking myself because I forgot to send the batteries home with them. Of course, now that I need them, I can't find the stupid things. Which leads to another New Years Resolution...to get organized. I promise to add photos to my next post.

I have a ton of things on the needles right now. I have actually set a new personal best for the number of projects on the needles... I am not even counting the projects that are still on the needles, but shoved so far back in my closet that they will NEVER see the light of day again. I know I should pull them out and frog them, but they have been around so long I am sure that they have probably evolved into a new life form by now. (hmmm, I wonder if they were the scarry monster K heard the last time she spent the night.) I currently have one pair of socks, two pairs of fingerless mittens, one stuffed animal, two purses, two lace shawls, one scarf, one hat, a Nook cozy, and a sock blanket. I think there is something else on the needles, but I can't find it right now...back to the whole organization thing. I have spinning projects going on 4 different spindles, plus a bump of superwash merino that I dyed myself on my Sonata. I also have a practice warp on my rigid heddle loom that I want to finish up so I can weave up some small blankets for my nephews stuffed animals. If you guessed that finishing up UFOs was one of my New Year's Resolutions, then you win the prize, if there were one..

I wouldn't want to bore you or myself, so I think I will stop here. Short, sweet, and on a fairly regular basis is going to my goal for my blog...and photos...

On a side note... the rest of my resolutions are:
Update my Ravelry page and then keep it current
Finish up Christmas knitting for Christmas 2010 and start working on 2011 Christmas knitting as soon as I finish 2010.
Go on a diet..both food and yarn...I wonder which will be more successful?

2 comments:

sue said...

You crack me up! I spend more time looking for stuff than anything else it seems, and batteries? I know where mine are, I just never know which ones have been recharged and which ones are dead! :) So obviously you are not the only one with organization on their resolutions list! So glad you have your blog up and running again! I really enjoy reading it! I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a good one!

Erica said...

Like the new blog :) Did you find your batteries? Good luck with your resolutions and hopefully you found those pesky batteries... ;)